We've all been there at one time or another, things clients say or fellow photographers do that just make you shake your head. Often being a photographer means being more a teacher than an artist, educating your clients as to why $100 a day won't get them a 4 camera 10 hour shoot with lighting and wardrobe changes. So here's to those 'shaking my head' moments - a nice batch of "memes only photographers will understand" for your enjoyment!
Top Ten Reasons You Might Be A Photographer
10. You have nightmares of people using the “P mode” we won’t even talk about the “green mode.” That’s just too scary.
9. 30,000 family photos neatly categorized in Lightroom. Zero photos of you.
8. When at a car dealership, you translate the price of a car in your head to “Six 5D Mark II’s.” Your last power bill cost two monopods.
7. Touchdown plays are somewhat distracting because you can see the white glass on the sidelines
6. You are frequently greeted with “What are you taking a picture of?!?” instead of “hello.”
5. You’d rather buy the shirt that more closely resembles 18% gray
4. Your carry-on is heavier than your checked bags
3. You describe disgusting old dilapidated barns as “beautiful” (via Lori Anderson)
2. Number of lenses > Pairs of shoes you own (Carsten Deutschmann)
1. You actually believe a wizard could fit in your pocket
Top 10 Credit